‘Christ has confidence in young people and entrusts them with the very future of his mission… Go and create a world of brothers and sisters!’ Pope Francis
In October 2019 the Catholic Church around the world observed an Extraordinary Month of Mission. EMM was an initiative of Pope Francis. Its aim is to encourage all members of our Catholic community to recognise themselves as missionary disciples, working and praying together to share God’s love with everyone, everywhere.
The four main aims of the Extraordinary Month of Mission were:
- To encourage a deeper relationship with Jesus through prayer.
- To be inspired by the actions of our saints, martyrs and living missionaries.
- To increase understanding of mission.
- To increase support of overseas mission.
To mark EMM we produced new materials to meet these four main aims (scroll to download).
EMM was intended to be a springboard; the beginnings of a revival of mission in the Church. Schools and parishes can still hold their own mission events in the months ahead. For this reason, over the next few weeks, we’ll be revising some of our EMM resources. These revamped ‘mission month’ resources will be available to use at any point in the year.
For secondary EMM resources please visit https://missio.org.uk/emm-schools-page/
EMM Prayer for Children: God our Father, Your Son Jesus wants us to share your love with everyone. May the Holy Spirit help us to bring the light of your love to the whole world, so that all people may come to see Jesus as their friend and guide. We make this prayer through Christ our Lord. Amen.
- This is our Mission - Mission Togther Hymn
- St Thérèse of Lisieux Assembly notes
- St Therese of Liseux Assembly slides
- St John Henry Newman Assembly slides
- St John Henry Newman Assembly notes
- St Francis Xavier assembly slides
- St Francis Xavier - Patron of Missionaries
- Mission Rosary Assembly Slides
- Mission Rosary Assembly Notes
- Mission Prayers for Primary
- Mission Month Calendar
- Children helping Children - Assembly slides
- Children helping Children - Assembly notes